Rank: Private

Company: L

Unit Served: 9th Texas State Militia

Cemetery and Address: Rock Church Hwy, Bluff Dale, TX 76433

According to family history, Radford is buried close to his father, Marvil Jiles Tidwell in Hood County, Texas at the Rock Church Cemetery.

Radford Jiles Tidwell, b. 6 April 1832, Dickson Co., Tennessee; d. 30 Apr 1904, Hood Co., TX; buried Rock Church Cemetery, Hood Co., TX (unmarked grave).

He apparently married three times. The 1860 census shows him with a woman named Martha A. Tidwell, but she could not be the Martha A (Holmes), the mother of Bly, Frank, Tebe, and Ixorah, because the woman in the 1860 census of Lamar County, Texas is 24 years old (Radford was 27 at the time). Also, Martha A. Holmes is listed in the 1860 census just over a month earlier on 22 August 1860 in Newton County, Missouri with her parents and was age 18. The enumeration of the Lamar County, Texas census for 1860 was on 9 October 1860. So Radford married first a first Martha A. (unknown surname), then married Lydia Lamb, and finally married Martha A. Holmes. The first Martha A. was probably the mother of Virginia C., Jennifer ‘Jennie’, Isabel Tennessee ‘Tennie’, and Matilda Ann ‘Tilda’. Lydia Lamb was the mother of Early Lorenzo ‘Earl’ (according to his death certificate. Finally, Martha A. (Holmes) was the mother of Winston Bly ‘Bly’, George L., Benjamin Franklin ‘Frank’, Stephen Jones ‘Tebe’, and Ixorah Arena.

Still there are issues. Early Lorenzo was born about 3 months prior to the marriage of Radford and Lydia Lamb while his death certificate lists Lydia Lamb as his mother. Winston Blythe ‘Bly’ was born about 2 months prior to the marriage of Radford and Martha A. Holmes.

Details concerning the first Martha A. as shown in the 1860 census of Lamar County, Texas are not otherwise known.

His second wife, Lydia E. Lamb, was born about 1836 in Dickson County, Tennessee and died around 1864. Burial place unknown.

His third wife, Martha A. Holmes, is buried in Isham Cemetery, Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas on John T. White Road.